Monday, March 9, 2009

Another year gone by....

Well... she would have 21 this year. It seems like so long ago since we saw her. I am getting better... there are some days that I don't think about her but then there are other days that I think to much about her and I burst into spontaneous tears. It is so hard to lose someone you love.
For her birthday, we decided that we need to focus one day on her life and not her death. We always have a special dinner of artichokes, shake and bake chicken, sparkling cider, and rainbow chip cake. All her favorites. When she was sick, that is all she wanted. Then we go around the table and talk about our feelings concerning Chelsie. It is interesting to see what my kids remember about her. Some of the stuff has been after she died. I love it. It makes me feel so close to her. Then we talk about what we will do on her birthday. We each choose something that is very hard to do and ask Heavenly Father for help that day. And even, if he will send Chelsie to help us. It has been so comforting and healing for us. I truly believe that she does help us when we need it. And I know she appreciates our thoughts about her. I love her and hope she had a great birthday on the other side.



No comments: