Friday, June 29, 2007

Me and Chelsie's Big Fight

So, this story definitely is not that flattering to me at all. And maybe it’s not for this posting, it’s something I think about it all the time. It taught me a big lesson.. It teaches me to learn to not try to change other people to fit some ideal that I think I know cause I really don’t know anything, I admit it:) Me and Chelsie got into an argument when she was in the hospital because she had this tendency to vent about nurses and people who came in and tried to do service, she hated it when she felt like people weren’t being sincere. So because I thought I would do her good and in my effort to fix her problems by my ignorant words. I told her that this experience might possibly go better for her if she would stop being so negative. I think Chelsie thought that was about the worst and meanest thing anyway could have possibly said. And I think if I had put myself in her shoes for a moment, I would have understood why.. Chelsie had to think about having cancer every moment of every day, she had to decided over and over again how she was going to handle all the needles and the pain. She choose to not talk about it and to not complain about it. So instead she tried to focus on TV shows and things she saw and observed everyday, some of it was bad some was good, she liked being able to be honest. I think it was more of a conversation piece. Her way of coping was not to mention her disease. Maybe under the mentality that if “you couldn’t say something nice don’t say anything at all.” Anyway, she talked to everyone about our fight, in an effort to be understood, I thought she was making such a big deal about a little comment, but she thought it was so important that we all understood how hard she was trying to keep a positive perspective, even though it didn’t always show. She was so adamant about it, it went on for a couple of weeks. It taught me a lot about not jumping to conclusions and seeking 1st to understand a person before making petty judgements. Me and Chelsie were sometimes too much the same, I definitely regret all those stupid comments I choose to make.

No comments: