Monday, July 9, 2007

Chelsie's Phone Calls

I remember when Chelsie would call me just depressed. So frusterated with her new life with Cancer. I remember trying to stay positive and never letting her hear me cry. Even though most of the time I would get off the phone crying myself. She would go on and on and vent about all the unfairness, and I agreed. I would pray as we would talk and ask Heavenly Father to help me know what to say to help her. I felt like pretty much I never said anything that helped at all. But on her way home from her last treatment, she called and talked to me and she was really grouchy. She was miserable. She thought that she had one more treatment and just didn't think she could do it again. I talked with her, praying and trying to help her see the eternal perspective. And when she was hanging up she gave me the nicest complement I have ever gotten. She said, "Taneil, whenever I talk to you, I feel so much better. Thanks for helping me." I knew that it wasn't anything I had said, just that I had prayed for guidance and the spirit was making her feel better without me even knowing. I am so grateful that she had the courage to share that with me. It has helped me deal with the guilt that comes with grieving.

No comments: