Wednesday, April 2, 2008

All in the Lord's Time

I just read this in a journal written by an amazing woman with five kids who just lost her husband from cancer a couple of weeks ago. I loved it and it helped me understand a little better why this happened to Chelsie and how I can handle it. I thought I would share it. Love ya- Teasha

This quote from Elder Scott I think really answers how I am feeling and processing this trial. I hope everyone can find peace in this quote:

True, enduring happiness, with the accompanying strength, courage, and capacity to overcome the greatest difficulties, will come as you center your life in Jesus Christ. Obedience to His teachings provides a secure ascent in the journey of life. That takes effort. While there is no guarantee of overnight results, there is the assurance that, in the Lord's time, solutions will come, peace will prevail, and happiness will be yours. The challenges you face, the growth experiences you encounter, are intended to be temporary scenes played out on the stage of a life of continuing peace and happiness. Sadness, heartache, and disappointment are events in life. It is not intended that they be the substance of life. I do not minimize how hard some of these events can be. When the lesson you are to learn is very important, trials can extend over a long period of time, but they should not be allowed to become the confining focus of everything you do. Your life can and should be wondrously rewarding. It is your understanding and application of the laws of God that will give your life glorious purpose as you ascend and conquer the difficulties of life. That perspective keeps challenges confined to their proper place—stepping-stones to further growth and attainment.

No comments: